Phone hacking: Jude Law, Lord Prescott and Sara Payne get payouts


 Law's phone was hacked repeatedly between 2003 and 2006

Jude Law and Lord Prescott are among the latest people given payouts over phone hacking by the News of the World.

Actor Law received £130,000 ($200,000) and his ex-wife Sadie Frost £50,000. The ex-deputy PM got £40,000, the High Court was told.


Sara Payne, mother of murdered schoolgirl Sarah, and Shaun Russell, whose wife and daughter were murdered in 1996, were given undisclosed sums.


News International apologised in court but said it would not comment further.


As details emerged of the latest 36 cases, lawyers said most people pursuing damages had now settled out of court.



In a statement issued after the hearing, Law said: "I was suspicious about how information concerning my private life was coming out in the press.


"I changed my phones, I had my house swept for bugs but still the information kept being published. I started to become distrustful of people close to me."


In total 16 articles were published containing Law's personal information. His personal assistant Ben Jackson was also awarded £40,000, while his public relations consultant Ciara Parkes got £35,000.



Law's phone was repeatedly hacked between 2003 and 2006. Frost said she had distrusted him because journalists always knew where she would be, the court heard.

People who read this post also read :



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More